Toposware is developing a next-generation interoperable blockchain ecosystem based on zero-knowledge proofs that provides tamper resistance and data privacy.
We are looking for a talented, forward-thinking and ambitious cryptographer to help us research and develop cutting-edge cryptosystems to implement on the Topos platform.
You should guide and provide direction and advice to junior members of the team.
Your passion and expertise in cryptography will be used daily as you interact with software engineers and mathematicians, driving changes and building the Topos network.
What you'll be doing:
- Be part in cutting-edge research in cryptography and blockchain technology.
- Develop new protocols while studying and learning from existing ones. For instance, our cross-chain protocol heavily relies on cutting-edge SNARK research.
- Work with the development team on implementing the research into our codebase.
- Set up or manage research collaborations or contractors.
- Research in collaboration with external teams, possibly leading to partnerships.
What we need to see:
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or Mathematics with an emphasis on developing and implementing cryptographic protocols.
- Experience contributing to research communities, including publishing papers.
- Excellent written, communication and collaboration skills.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- One or more publications on cryptography in a peer-reviewed conference/journal on subjects which includes, but not limited to, elliptic curve cryptography, authenticated encryption, and zero-knowledge proofs.
- You’ve implemented new cryptosystems and would feel comfortable overseeing others doing the same.
- Experience with application of privacy-preserving cryptographic techniques to applications domains.
- Knowledge with post-quantum cryptography e.g. hash-based signatures, code-based, isogeny or multivariate polynomials.
- You have programming experience and proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Rust, C, C++, Haskell, OCaml.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to design and execute on research agenda.
Toposware is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Toposware is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.